Garbanzos and Dumplings
Garbanzos and Noodles
A quick and easy hearty soup that will satisfy and can be used as a main dish.
Write a review
- 4 c. Water
- 3/4 t. Celery salt
- 2 tsp. Vegetarian chicken seasoning **
- (can add more to taste just before serving if needed)
- 1/4 t. Garlic salt
- 1 lg. Onion finely chopped (or 3 T. dry minced onion)
- 2 T. Nutritional yeast flakes
Add to broth
- Add 2 c. of precooked garbanzos( 1 regular size can with broth)
- 1 cup of 100% whole wheat bowtie pasta
- the homemade dumplings below
- 1 c. Whole white wheat flour (1/2 can be unbleached white, if you wish)
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 c. Cold water ( little more if using all whole wheat)
- 3 T. light olive oil
- Bring broth to a rolling boil.
- Add garbanzos.
- Add pasta OR the Dumplings below.
- Simmer together for 45 minutes if using dumplings, 30 minutes if using pasta.
- Add water if a thinner soup is desired.
- Adjust salt to taste by adding more chicken style seasoning if needed.
- Whip water and oil together.
- Pour over dry ingredients, mixing lightly with fork.
- Form into a ball and roll out to 1/4" thick or less.
- Cut into 1"x2" strips and drop into boiling broth.
- If you are in a hurry, the pasta easily replaces the dumplings. But be sure and try the dumplings sometime - I think they are so much tastier than the pasta and do add more bulk/heartiness to the dish.
3-D Health for Life https://3dhealthforlife.com/